Thursday, March 22, 2012

In Other Words, "Shut the Hell Up"

The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is truly sacred ground.

Many visitors to D.C. like to 'check it off'... as just another place seen among all the Monuments. Honestly, The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the Vietnam Memorial are two places which respect and silence are a must. I've walked The Wall countless times and have offered my own "Shhhhh" when I hear voices louder than needed... unless of course they are Vets. The Wall belongs to them...

But as far as the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, "It is requested that everyone maintains a level of silence and respect".
Enough said.

(please pause my Playlist on the right sidebar)

6 comments:

Debbie said...

I LOVE this!! Thank you for posting...

Unknown said...

This post reminded me of chaperoning my daughter's 7th grade trip to the Wall, and reprimanding two boys who were being loud and obnoxious..they later told her 'your Mom is scary':)
all I remember saying is 'these are the names of men who died for our country, you need to be respectful'....but I think it might've been a 'tone of voice' thing that scared them.
As always, don't mess with the Moms :)

Coffeypot said...

If that had happened to me, not that I would be that disrespectful, I would feel so small I would need a parachute to jump off a dime. I just hope the punks learned something.

Unknown said...

paxie...thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

kathi...a mom never leaves her passion behind! good job!

Unknown said...

coffeypot... did you notice the stone silence afterwards? I do hope a lesson was taught...