Thursday, April 3, 2014

Ground Control to Airman Mom...

'Ground Control to Major Tom Commencing countdown, engines on Check ignition and may God’s love be with you' Not quite sure why I chose this song as my, 'I'm Back' intro... Hard to believe it's been almost two years since I last posted! Kinda like David Bowie's astronaut, things got a little bit turned upside down and a break from the blogosphere was needed. Things? Life. I'll unwrap details going forward, but for now I'll offer a quick recap of Airman Mom's life. John returned safe and whole from deployment! Praise God! He is now stationed here in the DC area...needless to say, I am one blessed momma! So grateful to have my son and his son within an hours' drive. I'm also enjoying the time with my D-I-L! Love this sweet family! B & V have added to our family! Grand baby #8 is a beautiful girl, named AnnaB. She was born last September, healthy and perfect! Hubster and I have been to SLC twice to spend time with this precious family! Honestly, there is nothing like seeing your child holding their child! My girls and their families are doing well! Hubster and I have been visiting new baseball stadiums every year...slowly checking off our Bucket List! So there you have it in a nutshell... All the good stuff of the past couple years! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please join me in prayer for all those touched by the most recent tragedy at Fort Hood. May Almighty God protect all our brave service members.

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Wow, it is good to hear from you. My blogging is way down, but now and then I post something. It is good to know all is well in your family. I have a new grandson. Well, he is actually a year old now. This grandma stuff is just pretty grand.

Coffeypot said...

Welcome back. I saved a place for ya.

Unknown said...

Praying along with you, and it's good to see you posting again!

Unknown said...

Stopping by to wish a Happy, Healthy New Year to all!
May Almighty God protect our Warriors!