Monday, September 1, 2008

Not A Nightmare-Real Life

Gustav has hit the Gulf Coast.
Fortunately, it has been downgraded to a Category 2 Hurricane...but what devastation it will leave behind. For so many who are displaced from their homes, this is not a nightmare-it is real life. Ninety-Four people or more have already lost their lives, as this storm made its way through the Caribbean.
My prayers go to each and every person touched by this storm.
My prayers go to each and every member of our National Guard, who will protect abandoned homes and businesses.
My prayers go to each and every government official, who must make a decision of how to handle this disaster.
My prayers go to each and every volunteer who will supply time and materials to help rebuild lives of strangers.


1 comment:

Tonjia said...

I am right there with you, on my knees, saying a prayer for all of those in Gustav's path..and Hanna's and Ike's..