Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Warm Welcome!

I'd like to welcomeAmanda who lives in Scotland as a new reader of my blog. She wrote extremely kind words in a comment, speaking of her 9 year old son who wishes to join the RAF one day. This young man looked at John's picture as his mom read the Airman's Creed.

Amanda's words took me to a place long ago.

This special place has a wide eyed little boy hoping to be an Airman one day...
His name is John.

Amanda, thank you for taking the time to read my blog.
Thank you for sharing these words with your son.
Thank you for taking me back to a safe place, when being an Airman was but a dream of my son.....

2 comments:

kathleen's kit up said...

I love to hear of parents instilling pride and honor in defending what is good in their children. Takes me back too, to a video I recently looked at, and an 8 year old boy of mine with a new army camp set for Christmas! Sure seemed easy back then.
Kathleen

Unknown said...

kathleen...I could not agree with you more, our children need to undertand patriotism and it needs to begin when they are young. I wish you and yours a Blessed Thanksgiving!