Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday Thoughts...

My blog has been somewhat ignored recently, but for very good reason.





Her name is "Belle".



My daughter gave birth to her third daughter on September 16th. I've been helping out as much as needed, and loving each moment! Belle entered the world weighing 6 pounds, 9 ounces and she is 19.5 inches long. Her two older sisters, Precious and Bright-Eyed-Beauty are THE best big sisters in all the world! The littlest one, is such a sweet baby. God is good!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Our little Angel is beginning to crawl! She is already 7 months old...time travels far too quickly. We had a blast last weekend, with all four grandgirls together! Angel, her mom and I went to the Poolesville Day celebration. The town's main road is closed down the entire day for the festival. The music was great and we can't wait to take Angel next year, when she will be able to enjoy the ponies! Oh, did I mention the super yummy Crabcake sandwich for lunch???
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
AirmanMom celebrated another birthday earlier this week. You know you are old, when your own mother can't believe how old you are! Geez! I spoke with my GodMother on my birthday and she kept asking if I was certain that I was that old. It was an awesome day, a scrumptious dinner prepared by Hubster with Cold Stone cupcakes for dessert. I spoke with all four of my children and the two biggest grandgirls sang Happy Birthday to me. At work, one of the guys brought in a Tres Leches cake from a wonderful bakery...and it was his day off! One of the ladies even baked cookies and she loves the kitchen about as much as I do!!! I am so blessed to have so many kind people in my life, I am so very grateful for every one of them!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
So far the month of September has seen the loss of over 30 soldiers. Since October 7, 2001 over 4,700 soldiers have paid the ultimate price in Iraq and Afghanistan. We must never forget that each and every one of these Airman, Soldiers, Sailors and Marines have families at home with a hole in their heart. We must never forget these service members...never!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Last week I was told by my oldest son, that he has volunteered to deploy to Afghanistan early next year. Gulp. My youngest son informed me a couple weeks ago, that he is waiting for a Quick Deployment order. The opportunity arose at the beginning of the month, another Airman took the order... Gulp. Heavy Duty KneePads will be needed, if both my sons are deployed at the same time!!! I'll be looking for some prayer warriors!!!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Autumn has officially arrived!!! It is my favorite time of year. The cooler temps are perfect for working outside all day and sleeping at night. Nothing quite like crispness in the air. Nothing quite like watching children run through a pumpkin patch or the aroma of warm apple cider. Nothing quite like the leaves taking on so many vibrant colors. Hubster and I went to the Shenandoah Hot Air Balloon Festival last fall and we plan to go again this year. Spectacular colors! How Great God is, to give us so many wonderful gifts...stimulating all our senses!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My Blog should resume to 'normal' one day soon. I'll try desperately to catch up on my blog reading as well.
May Almighty God Bless each and every Airman, Soldier, Sailor and Marine!!!

26 comments:

MightyMom said...

do I have your address?

sounds like a military mom might be needing a care pack...or two............


God Bless ya.

Amanda said...

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your new grand-daughter.
Love,
Amanda x

Unknown said...

mightymom...you are such a sweetheart!

Unknown said...

amanda...thanks for your kind wishes.

Bag Blog said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! I don't know what a tres leches cake is, but it sounds wonderful. Your new grand-daughter is beautiful - I know you are proud of her. A friend of mine always tease each other that our grand-children are "exceptional."

I will be praying for your sons and any upcoming deployments.

Mari said...

Your grand daughter is just beautiful! Good reason to be here less. :)

My son is supposed to deploy to Iraq in February and one is enough. @ would be really hard.

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Coffeypot said...

Belle is beautiful, like her mom and grandmom. Your blog is normal no matter what you post.

Deb K said...

Belle is the best reason in the world for ignoring your blog. She is beautiful!!!
Many, many thoughts and prayers are with you, your sons and the rest of the family over the coming months.

Mike Golch said...

What a sweet looking Grand baby.

Unknown said...

bag blog...the tres leches cake is a 3 milk cake. Milk is used at 3 different times in the recipe. truly it is THE moistest cake, melts in your mouth!
I'm chuckling...of course all the world knows MY grand-daughters are exceptional ;)
Thank you for stopping by!

Unknown said...

mari...my prayers will be lifted for your son's safety and your anxious heart. your kind words are deeply appreciated.

Unknown said...

coffeypot...your thoughtful words mean a lot!

Unknown said...

deb...we are ever so grateful for your prayers.

Unknown said...

mike...thank you. I will be by your blog soon. I miss your inspiring words!

Call Me Grandma said...

A little late...but, Happy Birthday AM.

The picture is beautiful. Sounds like you are surrounded by a lot of heaven's angels.

Remember we will keep praying for your boys. Praying for a quick and safe return home.

Unknown said...

grandma...truly, there are angels among us! thank you for your prayers!

Debbie said...

Happy Belated Birthday you OLD woman and congratulations on your new granddaughter :)

I've been amiss at blogging but not because I'm so busy like you!

Having two sons deployed...oh hon. We'll try to keep you out of the nut house! And pray for their safe return when they go...

Sarge Charlie said...

And in Maryland she is officially a southern Belle, I like that.

Sarge Charlie said...

I am also proud of your sons, god speed to your boys mom.

Just Be Real said...

A precious gem. Blessings grandma. ♥

Unknown said...

debbie...honestly, I hope I NEVER feel as old as I really am! Thanks for the kind words!

Unknown said...

sarge...you are correct! many don't think of MD as a southern state...but we are true sutherners!

Unknown said...

sarge...your prayers are deeply appreciated. ALl of our nation's sons need our constant prayers!

Unknown said...

just be real...she is the sweetest little thing. and the big sisters are doing well!

Liz said...

Awww, your granddaughter is just precious!! And happy belated birthday to you as well!

Thank you so much for visiting leaving such a nice comment on my blog. I have really enjoyed looking around your blog. It is lovely and I will definitely be back soon.

-lisa- said...

Happy belated Birthday! Belle looks impossibly sweet! :) What a blessing little ones are.