Friday, November 13, 2009

If You Can't Feed a Hundred People, Then Feed Just One. ~Mother Teresa

It's hard to believe how quickly this year has passed by.

Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away and Christmas only four weeks later!

Like many of you, our family's holiday plans are coming together.

And then, there are our Soldiers.....

The brave men and women defending our freedoms, who will be thousands of miles from family and friends during the holiday season.

As I have mentioned in past posts, I am so very proud to be a Soldiers Angel. It is truly in giving, that we receive. To know that at mail call; a letter or package I have mailed may bring a smile upon a face...is such an awesome feeling. To be able to make a soldier's day a bit brighter, is the very least I can do when I think of their sacrifice for me!

Yes, it is a commitment. But stop and think of their commitment to our country. Certainly mailing one letter a week, along with one or two packages each month is easy enough.

I'm inviting all who read this post, to take a few moments and visit Soldiers Angel website HERE. Their motto is perfect, "May No Soldier Go Unloved". Become an Angel!

4 comments:

Mary said...

AM, Thank you for posting this. Soldier's Angels and Angels n' Camoflauge are both groups that are helping troops better cope with their deployment. It gives them something to look forward to at Mail Call.

Unknown said...

mary...it's the least we can do!

Unknown said...

Just saw the article in the Washington Post, congratulations:) always love to see good bloggers featured like that so more folks will get to read your words!
A Fellow Soldiers Angel

Unknown said...

kathi...I thank you for stopping by. I am most grateful for all in your family who have served. Soldiers Angels is such an important organization, so good to meet another angel!
Thanks for mentioning the Washington Post, I knew it hit our local Gazette...had no idea about the Post!
Thanks again for the visit..I'll be stopping by to read your words!