Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Talking Tuesday

Christmas is only days away!!!

Christmas is the time of year filled with warm childhood memories and traditions which have been passed along for generations.

I'm at the point in my life, where it's not so much about my childhood memories...but the memories made with my children. Their laughter and joy, are the memories I cherish most. We now have an all new generation making memories. My daughters will share Christmas morning with their children; filling their homes with old traditions and new traditions. My sons will spend Christmas morning at their homes, creating their traditions.

We all have favorite Christmas memories; whether it's a song, an event or a special aroma. Christmas is a time of reflection and a time to make fresh new memories.

Your turn......

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

We spent many Christmases in Red River, NM, a tiny ski resort where my parents owned a lodge. The lodge had a huge lobby with a large rock fireplace. The Christmas tree reached the ceiling. There was always snow and us kids would carol through the town and then back to the lodge for hot chocolate and games. It was a very Christmasy and made for some great memories.

Daniel Clay Russ said...

Merry Christmas all and especially to you AM. Here's a new friend who away from his wife and two kids. He and his brigade are reading my military culture blog and may enjoy some well wishing...

http://civilianmilitaryintelligencegroup.com/?p=2316

Coffeypot said...

I get to relive the joy of Christmas through my grandkids. Otherwise, I would just sleep late and chill all day. They make it fun.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, too..

MightyMom said...

I didn't know that candy canes on the tree was a tradition..............till my 6 yr old (autistic) son informed me that they were MISSING as we decorated a couple weeks ago. Fortunately Daddy was at the store at the time so I was able to make an emergency phone call and canes were duly delivered and hung!!

:-)