Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year's Prayer....

May God make your year a happy one!

Not by shielding you from all sorrows and pain,
But by strengthening you to bear it, as it comes;

Not by making your path easy,
But by making you sturdy to travel any path;

Not by taking hardships from you,
But by taking fear from your heart;

Not by granting you unbroken sunshine,
But by keeping your face bright, even in the shadows;

Not by making your life always pleasant,
But by showing you when people and their causes need you most,
and by making you anxious to be there to help.

God’s love, peace, hope and joy to you for the year ahead.


As I look out my window and watch the sunrise over the cornfield; I thank God for richly blessing me with so many gifts...
God has given me my Hubster; my best friend who I share my extraordinary life. I could not ask for more.
God has given me four children; four pieces of my heart always.
God has given me four grandgirls; these sweet girls define heartfelt joy.
God has given me two son-in-laws; these men love and protect my daughters.
God has given me friends; I share laughter and tears with freely.
God has given me a job; a place to go, be productive and fill happiness in the life of strangers.
God has given me our Nation; the land of the free and the brave.
God has given me our Soldiers; strong warriors who protect me with their very lives.
I pray that each day in Twenty-Ten I not take one of His gifts for granted.
For I am so richly blessed.

12 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Amen and thank you.
Happy New Year to you and yours, AM.

Mike Golch said...

Amen and thak you as well.Celestine and I wish you and your familt a Happy New Year!

Bag Blog said...

That is a good prayer. You are blessed.

Donna said...

Amen! Thank you for a wonderful post!

Grandpa-Old Soldier said...

That was just perfect. Happy New Year to you and yours, and thanks for all the great work you do for our troops.

Unknown said...

coffeypot...I thank you for your friendship! Warmest wishes for the new year!

Unknown said...

mike...I wish you oodles and oodles of good health in Twenty-Ten!

Unknown said...

bag blog...best wishes to you and yours!

Unknown said...

donna...thank you for taking the time to stop by. Best wishes for the new year!

Unknown said...

grandpa...it always blows me away when you (and other veterans) thank me. I am able to support our troops, because of you!!! I do appreciate you!!! Happy New Year!

connieJ said...

Beautiful! I just came from the airport sending my son back to Ft. Benning GA. I needed these words right at this moment. Thank you and may God Bless!

Connie James
The Fibergoddess
Fibergoddess.net

Unknown said...

connie...it hurts. Mom tears roll each and every time I must say 'later' to my sons. It hurts. It simply hurts.