Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday, Sweet Girl!!!


Today we celebrate the first birthday of my baby girl's-baby girl!

I had the absolute honor of being (almost) present, when my daughter gave birth! After too many hours of labor, my exhausted daughter was wheeled away to give birth. As my daughter was being prepped to leave the labor room, I leaned over and whispered in her ear, "Now you will know how very much I love you." What a gift to be able to stand right outside the door and hear the beautiful first cry of this Sweet Girl.

Sweet Girl is an absolute joy to all who meet her. She has incredible eyes! Sweet Girl is a serious little baby, with very intense stares... ahhhh, when she breaks out into her bright smile, it warms my heart. As soon as music begins to play, this girl begins to dance!

It amazes me to see my daughter as a mother. My Marie is a Night-Shift Nurse in Labor & Delivery. Her compassion for others, is like nothing I have seen in my life. At Christmas, Marie's husband and my oldest daughter, K were talking of how much Sweet Girl resembles her daddy (which she does!) Marie's husband said that as long as Sweet Girl grows to have her mother's heart, it won't matter what she looks like. Love that statement.

Sweet Girl, I do wish you a Happy First Birthday!
May you dance all through your life.
May you have your mother's heart.

Sweet Girl, I love you so!

9 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Love this post!!

Happy Birthday to an adorable little lady!!

Hallie :)

Unknown said...

hallie...thank you so much for your kind wishes.
p.s. Hey Girl...know I am your faithful prayer warrior. Stay strong!

Call Me Grandma said...

What a beautiful one year old.
I am wishing her a happy birthday today. May she have many more happy birthdays to come
That year went fasssst!

Liz said...

Awww, happy birthday to your sweet little grandbaby!

juliannah said...

Sooo Cute. Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!

Unknown said...

grandma...it is so hard to believe it has been a year! I have NO idea where the time went!

Unknown said...

liz...thanks so much for stopping by!

Unknown said...

juliannah...your kind words are deeply appreciated!

MightyMom said...

awe, how adorable