Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Going To The Chapel and We're Gonna Get Married...

Well....there won't be a Chapel, there will be a Campground with a Pavilion and it appears there will be lots of rain (so 'they' say). This will most definitely be the most unique wedding I have attended! The best part of all...it is so John and Di! I'm proud of them for remaining true to themselves. May they continue to know this strength as a couple! Love them so!

Can you believe the time is here already for John and Di to marry? Time has flown by at lightning speed! But, it's all good! Hubster and I will make the eight hour drive tonight after work, and be ready to do all we can to make this the wedding of their dreams! I am so happy for them! Warm Congrats to Di...she has been promoted to Senior Airman! So proud of her!

This blog will be on hiatus until I return. No worries, there will be lots of photos posted when I return!

The song I chose for the Groom-Mom dance...was decided to keep tradition with the weddings of my two daughters. Please keep in mind...AirmanMom is a child of the 70's...therefore my children were listening to Rolling Stones, Zeppelin and Moody Blues while growing up. My oldest daughter and her husband danced to Led Zeppelin's song "Thank You", my baby girl and her husband danced to Van Morrison's "Into the Mystic" and the parents danced to Chicago's "Color My World". So...I had to think of a song to dance with my son... chose a little tune by Lynard Skynard!



(Please pause my playlist on right sidebar)


Simple Man by Lynard Skynard

Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say
And if you do this it'll help you some sunny day

Oh, take your time don't live too fast
Troubles will come and they will pass
Go find a woman you'll find love
And don't forget son there is someone up above

And be a simple kind of man
Be something you love and understand
Baby be a simple kind of man
Oh, won't you do this for me son if you can?

Forget your lust for the rich man's gold
All that you need is in your soul
And you can do this, oh baby, if you try
All that I want for you my son is to be satisfied

And be a simple kind of man
Be something you love and understand
Baby be a simple kind of man
Oh, won't you do this for me son if you can? Oh yes, I will

Boy, don't you worry you'll find yourself
Follow your heart and nothing else
And you can do this, oh baby, if you try
All that I want for you my son is to be satisfied

And be a simple kind of man
Be something you love and understand
Baby be a simple kind of man
Oh, won't you do this for me son if you can?

Baby be a simple, be a simple man
Be something you love and understand
Baby be a simple kind of man

© DUCHESS MUSIC CORPORATION; LONGITUDE MUSIC CO.;

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

May the wedding go off easily and beautifully. May their marriage be blessed.

I may have been a child of the 70's, but when I got married I danced with my father to Bob Will's Faded Love - my father's idea. Toby and I still dance to that on our anniversary and consider it "our song."

Coffeypot said...

That is great, AM. I wish them the best life has to offer and you to funds to give it to them. :)