Saturday, July 2, 2011

Courage, Determination and Grace!



A sweet friend, KB recently attended an exhibition game with Louisville Fireman and police officers at the Louisville Slugger Field. The Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team was there. KB told me the stadium was very supportive...offering standing ovations and plenty of HUAH's! She shared how it was emotional to see them, and unbelievable. To see how well they can run and one had only one arm, caught a ball in his glove, threw the ball up in the air dropped his glove caught the ball with the one hand and threw it into his teammates, just amazing. In KB's e-mail she said, "all I can say is I think everyone in the stands were amazed, honored and humbled to have seen these soldiers."

KB is the sister of a dear friend of mine, KD. KD and I became fast friends eons ago when my son, B and her son, D were Cub Scouts. My son, John was incubating in my tummy back in those days. KD's husband used to joke it was the longest pregnancy known to mankind. (I could not agree with him more!) KD and KB are Air Force Brats. Then both these sisters married Military Men. This family are strong Patriots. I had the awesome experience of introducing Operation Welcome Home to the sisters. I warned them they would cry...they did.

I'm so glad KB shared these photos with me and allowed me to share them with you! KB said it best... "This is courage, determination and grace all rolled into this young man." as the caption of the photo of the pitcher. KB, thanks so much. I appreciate your dedication to our Troops, and I think you are a very neat lady...now if we could just get her to stop rooting for the Yankees! (love ya, girl!)

7 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Thank you for sharing this.I am gonna to as well.

Unknown said...

mike...thank you for stopping by and thank you for sharing this story!

Sarge Charlie said...

you gotta love them, happy 4th Mom.

Bob Mack said...

Great story, AM. Am adding your site to my blog roll.

Unknown said...

sarge...love each of them and pray for them constantly. Happy 4th, my friend!

Unknown said...

bob...thank you!

Bag Blog said...

These guys are amazing!