Saturday, July 12, 2008

Roots and Wings

Fear not...there is no recipe for Sunday Dinner!
Speaking of recipes...Finding the formula to be a commendable parent of an adult child, is my ultimate quest. Ahhh...then take it to a different level... that of being the parent of a child in the military. What to ask about, what you learn and simply reply with a gulp! How to encourage and motivate without sounding as though you have stepped into a time machine, going back fifteen years! YIKES!
Knowing my son is settling well into his new world, feels good. John seems to like Wright-Patt, he is making friends, he has a good sponsor, gets along with his dorm-mates...it's all good! John's core consists of kindness and thoughtfulness, yet he is tough and determined. He has grown to become a man of velvet and steel.
I do believe John has the roots needed in order to fly.
John, I do love you so.

MOTHER AND SON
My son
I am here
I cannot protect you
From the world.
My son
I am here
I can only love you
No matter what
My son
I am here
My love unconditional
On this you can rely
My son
I am here
To guide and to teach you
And now you must fly
My son
I am here
Life can be difficult
I hear your cry
My son
I am here
Changes are painful
Never forget who you are
My son
I am here
Maintain the faith
In yourself and in God
My son
I am here
Self acceptance is yours
Do not fear
My son
I am here
~Rose Falcone

No comments: