Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, John!

WOW!

What can a mom say, when her baby boy turns 21?

Music comes to my mind.... I think of Savage Garden singing, "I loved you before I met you, I think I dreamed you into life".... I think of Blake Shelton singing, "I don't care if you're 80, you'll always be my baby". I think of you standing beside me in a Chapel at Lackland, AFB listening to the song by Mark Schultz, "Letters From War" and how you cheered when we sang the words, "He said "mom I'm following orders. From all of your letters. And I've come home again"... John, your mom cried.

Twenty-one years ago, I met you, my son. I remember waking that morning, knowing you would enter my world. We went clear across county for your sister's soccer game...and there I went into labor.

At 6:10 on 6/10 you entered my world. My baby. My littlest guy with the smiling eyes.

It matters not the roads you travel, forever you are in your mom's heart. I love you so much more than I could ever even try to attempt with words.

You are my baby.

I love you so!

Happy Birthday, John!



8 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

happybirthday John, you are lucky to have such a nice mom.

Bag Blog said...

Happy Birthday, John. You are blessed with a great mom.


My son was born 31 years ago tomorrow. Gee, I must be older than you. June sure was a good month for me.

Unknown said...

sarge...your kind words are appreciated...but honestly, it is I who is so richly blessed!

Unknown said...

bagblog...June is a great month! My Dad, my youngest daughter, one of my sweetest of friends...all celebrate birthdays! As for being older...nay, nay....my oldest daughter turned 32 in April! Dunno how these kids get so old ;)

Coffeypot said...

Happy Birthday John! And you are a smart man following and obeying your mom’s orders. And AM, who won the soccer game?

Unknown said...

coffeypot...are you kidding me? John is Baby #4!!!! I was told a long time ago, having babies was like taking pickles out of a jar..the first takes a bit of work, the rest come out real easy!
With the first labor pain @ the soccer game, piled the 3 older kids back in the car for the 45 minute drive home...pack everyone up and me off to the hospital. The doctor thought for sure, he'd be delivering John in the parking lot! Funny how it all feels like yesterday...not 21 years ago!
Have I mentioned how much I love my baby boy????

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

Beautiful post!

-lisa- said...

Happy Birthday! :)