Monday, May 30, 2011

Vietnam Veterans + The Wall = Memorial Day


Yesterday, I had the huge honor of riding Rolling Thunder for the second year in a row, as a Blue Star VIP. Shay's Ma and I have decided this is our yearly tradition. There are so many photos to post and words to share... on a new day.

Today is about our Fallen. Today is all about paying tribute to the brave men and women who have served our Nation proudly, and who have paid the ultimate price. Today is about the families missing these warriors. Today is about Brotherhood in Arms... a Camaraderie most of us know nothing about.

I've been to The Wall countless times. It is truly walking on hallowed ground. The Wall is the one Memorial in DC, where there is silence. For me, there is a peaceful haunting as I look at the countless names. As I watch Vietnam Vets stand together reading the name of a buddy, or etching a name with a pencil... it's hard to choke back tears. Every name on The Wall has a face.

May Almighty God Bless those who have Fallen in War.
May Almighty God comfort their families and Fellow Soldiers.
May We Never Forget!

9 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

Thanks for visiting my brothers mom, I will never forget.

Donna said...

I have stood at the wall and couldn't help but be moved to tears. God bless our Warriors and their families. We are grateful for their service and sacrifices.

Mike Golch said...

As a Boy Scout I helped with placing flags one the Veterans graves. as a veteran myself I say thank You to those that have gone before me and a Heartfelt Thank you to those that came after me.
God Bless our Military.

kelly c said...

i loved the article in The Post today re: cleaning the Wall. did you have a chance to see it? it gave the tele # to call if anyone is interested in helping to clean it.

Unknown said...

sarge...you and your brothers are the finest of men our Country has known...always in my heart!

Unknown said...

donna...amen

Unknown said...

mike...today and everyday, I thank you!

Unknown said...

kelly...I will post the article, it was an excellent/informative/heartwarming read. Thanks for telling me about it!!!

Coffeypot said...

So proud of you, AM. You are such a loving, giving mom and those boys your road FOR today rest better because of your love.