Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Talking Tuesday

I pledge allegiance to the Flag
of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
one Nation under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.


Most Americans know these words.
We hold these words in our heart.

...unless you are watching the U.S.Open on NBC.

It appears selected words were omitted, when a group of children recited The Pledge on Sunday afternoon. NBC has apologized (read the article HERE) ... that's nice.

I fear this is a new direction for our Nation...and it makes my heart hurt.

Your turn........................

2 comments:

MightyMom said...

I find it QUITE hard to believe that was anything but intentional! They put every second of those montage things under a microscope before they air!! Especially to such a high ratings crowd!!

Sarge Charlie said...

I expect no more from NBC, the "Peacock Network" has lost all it's feathers over the past few years.