Thursday, July 7, 2011

B's Getting Married!


Yay!

B & V called a couple weeks ago to share their fabulous news...and ever since I have been saying, "YAY!" Truly, it will be an honor and a blessing to welcome V into our family! I knew last year when B first began to mention this young lady, she was extra special. When my girls and I got the news that B was bringing V to John's wedding...the girlie chitter-chatter began. We knew this was the real deal.

Once we met her, we knew for certain...she is THE one for our B!!! Love her! But more than anything...I love seeing my son so happy! As a parent, all I have wished for my children is happiness. To know love and to be loved. He loves her deeply, it shows in every word and every action. Oh...and she loves him. They are one of those couples, you just like to be around!

Their wedding is going to be ultra-cool! I mean over-the-top awesome! Allow me to backtrack for a moment...back to K's wedding day. A breathtaking beautiful wedding...Christmas time, gorgeous red gowns, red roses, a mansion...exactly her style. But as the mom of the bride...it was a bit of a stressful day. My son, B and I made a small pact that he would have a stress-free wedding...............
then fast forward a couple years later to Marie's wedding. Lovely summer evening outdoor wedding. Simple elegance...perfect for my Marie! Ahhhh...but once again, I must admit after two years of planning-lots of stress on the mom of the bride...so once again, B and I made the pact he would have a stress free wedding. Which brings us to this past May...as we attended John's fun camping wedding. Yep, we had a blast...but I won't deny there was lots to do to throw even a laid back in a park exchange of nuptials...so once again...B and I shared our pact. Yep, our pact was simple...Vegas, Baby!

A Vegas wedding on 11/11/11. Love this! Love the fact V loves this idea! Also love the idea her family is rolling with this! Everyone booked their airline tickets, hotel rooms are reserved and the venue is set. YAY!!!!

K mentioned to me the other day, how awesome it is that all four of my kids...are being married in styles which suit them perfectly...and all four weddings are so different. In my eyes...this is pure awesomeness! I have got to be THE most richly blessed mom in the world. (P.S. props to K for taking the amazing photo of B & V at John's wedding)

Thank you, God for my four children...the finest gifts ever!
Thank you, God for giving my children the gift of love in their lives.
Please Dear God...watch over and protect these beautiful couples.

14 comments:

Paxford said...

God Bless them both!

And VEGAS!! Woohooo! that will be a wedding to remember :)

Pax

Bag Blog said...

It all sounds perfect. Congrats! I like the 11/11/11 idea.

Sarge Charlie said...

hip hip hooray, it's Vegas, Baby!

11/11/11 smart, he will never forget his anniversary date

Unknown said...

pax...fantastic memories to be made. Thank you for your kind words!

Unknown said...

bag blog...believe it or not my girls were dropping that date at John's wedding...in a *joking* manner. Little did we know! Oh...but I am one happy momma!

Unknown said...

sarge...good point! B & V are a fun couple and this will be a perfect wedding...only the beginning of a beautiful marriage!

Bridge said...

so cute :)
they have to last... a marriage on 11/11/11 can not and will not fail.

ps. you better make an epic wish at 11:11pm on 11/11/11.

Unknown said...

bridge...def will make that wish at 11:11...your mom suggested they marry at 11:11! That would be so cool. I'm with you, this couple is destined for total happiness!

Mike Golch said...

Bless their hearts,I wish them a happy and long married life together as Celestine and I have enjoyed 31 years so far.

Unknown said...

mike...thank you for your kind words!

joyce said...

Congratulations! Love the date. Some numbers are just fun: like, 1-22-11 for one of our grandbabies.

Unknown said...

joyce...I do believe everything (including the date) will be a blast!

MightyMom said...

oh wow, now that IS SUPER COOL!!!

Unknown said...

mighty mom...I am so very happy for them!