Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Talking Tuesday

I suppose it is really on one thought...

I am blessed.

John and Di are going to arrive on Tuesday night. We haven't seen each other since their wedding in May. They'll be home until Sunday. I am so very excited to see them. It will be a hectic few days...I know there are many people they want to visit...but they'll be here and that is all that matters. The party plans are full speed ahead...it should be a good time. Unfortunately, Maryland's famous "Hazy, Hot and Humid" weather will return during the week... believe it or not, Hubster and I ate dinner on the deck this past Saturday. A very rare occurrence in July!

On Sunday, I spoke with B and was able to wish V a Happy Birthday! When I stop to think of how deeply happy my son is with her in his life... my heart is filled with joy! Their wedding will be a memorable and an awesome celebration of their new life together!

I spent last Friday with Marie and Sweet Girl...doing a bit of shopping for the shower/deployment party and then a nice long lunch at Chuck E Cheese. My time with Marie is all about quality, not quantity....so I drink up each moment with her and her sweet little one.

K and her three little ladies fill me with so many smiles! How can it be that Precious is entering Kindergarten this Fall? Wasn't it just yesterday I was walking my little 5 year old to her first day of school? The baby is the cutest little imitator in all the world. She is so determined to keep up with her two big sisters...and honestly she holds her own! ...and then there is the Bright Eyed Beauty...never in my life have I met a child with a more tender heart at the age of four.

I have not forgotten my children-in-law. As a parent all I want for my children is true happiness. How blessed I am to see my own children grown, with families of their own...sharing their worlds with the one they love.

God is good. He has richly blessed me with a beautiful family. I live in a nice home, drive a Wrangler and really enjoy my job. My Hubster is my best friend in the world.

I try not to take any of my gifts for granted. My life is simple, but filled with so much good stuff. Every once in a while...I am overwhelmed with all the goodness I know. Today was one of those days.

Our news today, paints a very ugly image of our world. We'll all agree... unemployment stats, budget cuts, devastation in our heartland resulting from flooding, moms accused of killing their babies...very ugly. It's my belief in these difficult times, there is always good to be found. If we focus on the good, it keeps our hearts and minds more pure...we won't get caught up in the ugliness.

An old Cherokee told his grandson, “My son, there's a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It's anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies, and ego. The other is Good. It's joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy, and truth. The grandson thought about it and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf wins?” The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

Go ahead....fill up my comment section with good stuff. How are you richly blessed?

Your turn.....................

3 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

life is good, every day vertical is a good day...

Unknown said...

sarge...vertical days are very good. hugs to you!!!

Bag Blog said...

We had lunch with the GGs Sunday. The little one kept us entertained with her stories. At one point when no one laughed at her story, she said, "You are supposed to laugh more at that one." We did. It actually sounded more like, "You ah suppose to laugh mo-ah ..." She tends to drop her R's.

I had that feeling of being truly blessed as you are.