Thursday, November 5, 2009

Military Support From the Big Guys!



Last December I wrote a post titled, "My Hands are Small" The words are borrowed from the song, "Hands" written by Jewel:

My hands are small, I know
But they're not yours,
they are my own
But they're not yours,
they are my own
And I am never broken.



Friday night, I will once again have the great honor of welcoming home our Soldiers at BWI. Being an active volunteer with Operation Welcome Home fills my heart with more and more gratitude of our troops. To shake the hands of the men and women who have spent months overseas, leaves a lump in my throat each time I attend such an event. I make it a point to fill a bag with snacks, to help fill the goodie bags we distribute to each soldier. But as I said...my hands are small. My Garden Center wages, limits me to what I can donate.

And then there are the Big Guys.....

Old Navy helped OWH, by collecting enough food and water to supply nearly 16 planes or 4800 troops! 20 of their local stores participated in this drive and it truly is a tremendous help! It is my hope more Retailers will participate in donating or holding collection drives for our Soldiers.

Applebee's is once again offering FREE FOOD to our Service Members on Veterans Day! What an awesome Thank You!

The Walmart Foundation has donated over $1 million to the National Center on Family Homelessness (NCFH) to support their Community Circles of Support for Veterans’ Families initiative. The objective of this program is to fill the gap in services by improving high-quality emotional health and family support services for veterans and their families through integrated community support programming.

Please pass along national or local companies you know are doing good deeds for our soldiers.

Let's join together and recognize these companies by patronizing their establishments. If they are helping to take care of our Soldiers, they deserve a huge Thank you!

May Almighty God Bless each and every Airman, Soldier, Sailor and Marine.

3 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I dare say that small hands built the pyramids in Egypt. It is not the size of yours alone, but the combined hands that make the great things.

Sarge Charlie said...

I hope you had a peaceful day.

Mike Golch said...

Great posting.you had asked about the blog blast for peace.on the left side bar I have a link to the site.