Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Smile....

B should be returning this weekend from Afghanistan! Over the past few days, I've had a couple e-mails from him and he sounds good! Truly answered prayer!

Thursday is my day off, also known as "Nana Day" to Precious and Bright-Eyed Beauty! My daughter and the girls came over for playtime and lunch. We walked around the yard to look at the rose bushes, then off to the vegetable garden, and finally to the perennial garden... Once inside the house, it was time to play Candyland, which was abruptly ended when they asked if they could ride the horse. Nana does not own a live horse, but I still have the bouncing horse which my children rode as toddlers. I don't even know if these 'horse on springs' are even manufactured any longer, I'm certain they are considered far too dangerous. (oh my!) Both of the big girls took turns riding, I quickly found that time machine which has me travel to when my own were 3 and 4 years old. Later, my daughter called to tell me that Precious said she was going to sleep happy, thinking of Nana.... How blessed I am.



The song, "Smile" by Uncle Kracker came to mind, as I thought of all the good stuff in my life:

You make me smile like the sun
Fall out of bed
Sing like a bird
Dizzy in my head
Spin like a record
Crazy on a Sunday night
You make me dance like a fool
Forget how to breathe
Shine like gold
Buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Ohh you make me smile


(Please pause my Playlist on the right sidebar)

3 comments:

The Blog Fodder said...

That is so sweet. Aren't little kids wonderful? Even better when they are your own grandkids!

Unknown said...

blog fodder...I agree with you completely! Sweet blessings!

Bag Blog said...

Lots of blessing seem to be coming your way. We spent some time with our raccoons, I mean Grand-girls yesterday.