Friday, August 1, 2008

Good stuff!


Today, John will graduate from FTAC! He told me last night, it has been a tough couple of weeks.... so many briefings! Next week he goes back to work!
After graduation today, John will take off for a weekend of fishing! Fishing has always been one of John's favorite activities, since he was just a little guy! I remember when he was as young as four, taking him to a friend's pond and John would be perfectly content fishing for hours! While I was always a bit squeamish about touching the flopping fish, John would gently take it and remove the hook. He has always had the utmost respect for fish and wildlife, passions I hope he holds on to.
I wish him a fun and relaxing weekend!
So...next week, it is back to work for John! Along with his regular duties, he must also attend more briefings completing his TS Security Clearance. Finally! It has been a bumpy road to get to this point, a road that appeared to have an enormous STOP sign at some curves! I have said it so many times before and will say it once again....my son is where he is meant to be, doing what he is meant to do! No doubt, this journey will see some disappointments, but I am thankful nothing has caused any U-Turns! Next week also holds another trip to the dentist for John. As I mentioned earlier, John must have his wisdom teeth extracted. GULP! This is where I need to make certain not to step into that time-machine! My need to think of him as a four year old will remain with happy memories of him fishing, taking stuff apart and trying to put it back together, above all simply being my adorable little boy.

John, I do love you so!

4 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Kudos on his accomplishments. How nice it is to read about...

And Barney on Steroids? Love it!!

Hallie :)

Tonjia said...

congrats to John!!

uggg wisdom tooth extraction, I wish him well. Who named those pesky teeth "wisdom teeth" anyway?

where is Poolesville MD? I used to live 26 mi from Hagerstown just over the PA state line!

howdy neighbor! LOL

Tonjia said...

congrats to John!!

uggg wisdom tooth extraction, I wish him well. Who named those pesky teeth "wisdom teeth" anyway?

where is Poolesville MD? I used to live 26 mi from Hagerstown just over the PA state line!

howdy neighbor! LOL

Michelle said...

Wright Patterson is great when it comes to the wisdom teeth. He will have a "wingman" to make sure he gets back to the dorm ok and basically make sure he is ok. They seem to always do them on Fridays. The wingman gets the day off with the patient. Does he have a car with him? If not and he needs something he should contact Shay. She has her car and would be more than happy to take him anywhere he needs to go. He needs to stock up on jello and juices and other soft foods. Let me know what Shay can do for him.

If you go back a ways on my blog you will see a picture of Connor who had hers taken out at Wright Patterson. Shay had hers out back in 2006 so she didn't have to worry about it.