Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Angel




Yesterday, my youngest daughter who is 18 weeks along in her pregnancy, learned (with 90% certainty) this sweet miracle is my brand new grandgirl! It is amazing to watch your daughter become a mother. My daughter already has grown to love this tiny angel with every fiber of her own being... and it is only the beginning! A mother's love ~ so intense. Not knowing it was even possible, I love my daughter so much more. She has stepped over the threshold into Momdom, a beautiful place. To my daughter, Marie...thank you for the gift of one new piece of my heart. One more baby to love, to pray for, to watch grow into a pulchritudinous girl. Like her mother, this angel will be exquisite inside and out!

On a different note...thank you to David McMahon! He was kind enough to acknowledge me as joint-winner of his "Post of the Day" on 08/26/2008. (Please click on the right sidebar "authorblog") I was pleasantly shocked! It never occured to me that my blog (aka: self-therapy) would be read and appreciated by others! David's blog is a great read and I do encourage all to stop by and visit.

I'll close this post dedicating the words of a Colbie Caillat song titled, Capri to my new angel:

She’s got a baby inside
And holds her belly tight
All through the night
Just so she knows
She’s sleeping so
Safely to keep
Her growing
And oh when she'll open her eyes
There'll be no surprise
That she'll grow to be
So beautifully
Just like her mother
That’s carrying
Oh Capri
She’s beauty
Baby inside she’s loving
Oh Capri
She’s beauty
There is and angel growin’ peacefully
Oh Capri
Sweet baby
And things will be hard at times
But I've learned to try
Just listening
Patiently, oh Capri
Sweet baby
Oh Capri
She’s beauty
Baby inside she’s loving
Oh Capri
Your beauty
Just like your mother
That’s carrying...Oh *Marie*

14 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Yeah for a new baby grandaughter!!

Hallie :)

Schell Family said...

Congratulations! I gained a new appreciation for my mother when I had my kids, so I'm sure your daughter feels the same about you!

Ok, Where Was I? said...

Yay, congrats! I too had a whole new appreciation for my mother and grandmothers after getting pregnant the first time.

Unknown said...

Hallie, thank your for the congrats...you wait, Girl! One day you will know this thrill!!!

Unknown said...

schell fam...thanks for stopping by! I, too saw my mom in a whole new light when my children were born. Funny story...I was in the delivery room with my oldest daughter, when her first was born...my daughter kept apologizing..I didn't understand...until she said, "Mom, I am so sorry for hurting you like this". I knew she finally understood, at that moment!

Unknown said...

ok, where was i...It was so nice of you to stop by read and comment! I believe Mark Twain had a cool quote about his father... I'll have to look it up... something about appreciation which was not recognized until later in life... I'm off to google!

Tonjia said...

congratulations!! what a great site huh??? there is nothing as strong as a mothers love...

Unknown said...

tinja...thank you for stopping by again! Your kind words are deeply appreciated!

Expat No. 3699 said...

First, thanks for stopping by my little place on this blogosphere.

Congratulations on your new upcoming granddaughter! My grandchildren are what turns the world for me now.

Unknown said...

3699...thank for giving me such a good read when I drop by your place! I also thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! You've got it right... grandbabies make our world go round! For me, it is as though I step into a strange sort of time machine...going back 30 years, to when my daughter was my baby..not looking into my daughters' daughter's eyes! Strange and wonderful all in the same heartbeat. And now...my baby girl is going to have a baby girl! God is good!

Lisa said...

oops, just saw where you already have grandkids....so I just preached to the choir. sorry about that. But I know you must be very excited about soon becoming a grandma AGAIN.! CONGRATULATIONS

Unknown said...

Another reason to post of my grandbabies...don't be silly! Besides...apologies are never needed on this blog ;)

EE said...

:) Congrats!

Unknown said...

ee...thank your for stopping by and leaving a comment! I enjoyed your blog!