Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Talking Tuesday

This morning the Washington Post dedicated four paragraphs on page A6 to a story of the two Sailors who were captured in Afghanistan on Saturday.

After several minutes of searching the Internet, I found an AP item which reports NATO has announced that one of the bodies has been recovered. Dead.

Now...let's 'google' Tiger or Lindsay Lohan. Ahhh...countless blurbs to read.

Wrong.

Just wrong.

On Saturday July 24th, five U.S. Soldiers were killed and two were captured. I know, I know...death results from war. I get it. What I don't get and what is irritating me more and more with each passing day...America doesn't seem to grasp that these are fellow Americans, who have families who adore them. On Saturday, seven families were changed forever. Many will say it's a job with risk. Just as Police and Firefighters...jobs with risk.

Wrong.

Come on, Folks... these are our Soldiers. OUR Soldiers. When one or more of them die or are captured...we must care. Please pray for their families.

Your turn..............

5 comments:

Bag Blog said...

My heart goes out to the families and the soldiers. Thank you for reminding us and keeping us informed when the media does not.

Sarge Charlie said...

You get a hat tip from me for this post, we need this country to get back to 9/12/01, there was a flag on almost every house, I was proud of the response, not so much anymore.

I am proud to be an American and I will love and support our troops till the day I die
(I am lucky, lee greenwood was playing while I read your post)

Coffeypot said...

I agree and I never forget. They are doing the dirty, hard stuff so we can swim, bar-b-q and go to ballgames without fear. As my bog pages says, My Hero's Wear Dog Tags.

Karyn said...

I could not agree more. I have 2 sons who proudly serve in the Air Force- and I would hate to think that their life wasn't worth that of a 'Lindsay upset in jail story'. It is time we redirect the news to that of our heros instead of our celebrity failures.

-lisa- said...

This is resonating stronger and stronger with me especially keeping up with Hallie and what she's going through. I've been struggling with the fact that some of these people that these deaths are affecting have no warning before their world is completely ripped apart. You read some posts from them and one day it's regular posts in a regular world and the next day BAM!! The world is completely shattered. Breaks my heart that more people don't care about these deaths. Just really breaks my heart. Thanks for what you do AM to keep these deaths in the front of our thoughts. I appreciate all you do.