Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday Thought....

Tonight Hubster and I are heading over to Camden Yards to watch the Oriole's game. Yay!
Hubster is from Philly, so he is a Phillies fan...and a Nats fan. All of DC is buzzing about the young talent by the name of Stephen Strasburg. This young man truly has a gift, when it comes to pitching a baseball. I, root for the underdog, therefore I remain a TrueBlue Orioles fan. Yep...O's are 30-64...30 wins and 64 losses. Rumor has it, this may be an all time record breaker for all of MLB history!
I digress....

My Thursday thought stems from a saying I read today...
'My Heroes wear dogtags.'

As we move about enjoying all our summer fun...let's keep it real. These sports players who are self proclaimed Kings...are not heroes. They are paid to do a job, paid to play a game. Yes, many of them have unbelievable talent...but it is their job.

May Almighty God protect our true heroes!

2 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

I will be rooting for the O's tonight. Just so you know, I have finished my Earnie Pyle post and it will be posted tonight.

Coffeypot said...

Don't care about basball, though and Matty have me thinking about getting back into watchign them again.

I love that hero saying. I'm gonna put it on my blog page.