Thursday, August 13, 2009

His Star Has Turned From Blue to Gold


Born: November 2, 1987
Died: August 10, 2009 in Afghanistan

Lance Cpl Bruce E. Ferrell, Jr. of Perdido, Alabama graduated from Baldwin County High School where he was a member of the JROTC program and an honor student. He also played on the soccer team. Known as “Little Bruce” or “Bubba”, joined the Marine Corps in November 2007 and was promoted to the rank of lance corporal on Jan. 1. His Marine unit deployed to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom in May 2009. His awards include the Nation Defense and Global War on Terrorism Service Medals, according to II MEF. Bruce died at age 21 when a roadside bomb tore through the Humvee that he and other Marines were riding in. Bruce was recently engaged to be married.

Marines
Fox Company
2nd Battalion
8th Marine Regiment
2nd Marine Division
II Marine Expeditionary Force
Camp Lejeune, North Carolina



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.
~Elmer Davis


May Almighty God Bless this brave Marine and bring comfort to the family who loves him so.

20 comments:

CI-Roller Dude said...

I cry everytime we loose another one.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

It never gets old...remembering each of these men/women is so very important.

Hallie

Julie D said...

I hate to see a "blue to gold" post, AM. It breaks my heart every time.

God bless you, Soldier. Thank you for your sacrifice.

USA_Admiral said...

God bless him for his service and may he rest in peace.

Prayers for his Family and friends.

Aracely said...

Praying for his family. May God continue to bless them.

"He gives and takes away..my heart will choose to say, blessed be your name" Blessed Be Your Name by Matt Redman, which I am just hearing right now and fits to what you posted.

Bagman and Butler said...

I check your blog more often than I comment...sometimes there isn't much to say. But you always add a part of our reality that we can't forget. And you do it with such honesty and clarity.

Unknown said...

CI...I know what you mean. However I am so very thankful they lived!

Unknown said...

hallie...each and every one of our fallen soldiers deserve our respect.

Unknown said...

julie...It is so terribly sad that so many of our soldiers have fallen. I vow to not let them be forgotten.

Unknown said...

USA Admiral...amen.

Unknown said...

aj...I will look up the song you mentioned. Thank you!

Unknown said...

B&B...your kind words are always most appreciated!

Chuck said...

Rest in Peace.

Thanks for doing this. These men and women do not deserve to be forgotten. The new administration and the media seem to have forgotten they are there.

Unknown said...

chuck...I do appreciate you taking the time to read these posts. Our soldiers will never be forgotten!

Rosaria Williams said...

Thanks for visiting me. I love how you honor your son with this blog, keeping us focused on what matters most.

Unknown said...

lakeviewer...I truly enjoyed reading your blog and will return soon. Thanks for taking the time to read of our brave fallen soldier.

-lisa- said...

I'm glad you do the blue to gold post but I always hate seeing it. But I sincerely thank you for remembering them.

Mike Golch said...

It saddens me to see the Blue Star to Gold Star posting.I wish there was not a need for young men to go to war.God Called this young man home,and he is holding his family in his hands conforting them in their sorrow.

Unknown said...

AFWingMom... Please know these are tough posts for me as well. I feel we should know their names and faces. The families of our fallen soldiers need our prayers.

Unknown said...

Mike...they are too young. And the pain of these families must be just awful. Our prayers are needed.