Friday, October 3, 2008

Fluky Friday

Fall is in the air!


So, I decided like the wind..I would swirl around to several non-related items and simply post them all!

Allow me to begin with a Thank-You to ShaysMom for spending time with John while visiting her daughter, Shay at Wright-Patterson a couple weeks ago. ShaysMom has posted some nice pictures of her visit and I do encourage all to stop by and give her a read! Shay is her mother's daughter... lovely and a fine blogger as well! Thanks for being you, Michelle!



Moving on to a sad story...The funeral of Debra Lue Vaughan will be held on Saturday, October 4, 2008. Debra is the Gold Star Mother who committed suicide at her son's grave on September 28th. Please pray for her husband, George. May Almighty God Bless this tortured soul and bring peace to her husband.






Tighten those seatbelts, we will soar to the skies and visit John's sister who is carrying my third grandgirl! Yep, UltraSound confirmed this week...she is a she! My Marie knew from the beginning she was carrying a daughter, always trust Mother's Intuition! Marie is by far one of THE most radiant mom's I have ever seen...well that is since my oldest was carrying her daughters! Rylee Marie is expected to make her grand entrance into our world on January 27, 2009! I love this angel so!



Chasing Rainbows: A glimpse of Seattle





















I'll close with a Word4TheDay: HABOOB. Two Fighting Falcons wait out a haboob on Joint Base Balad, Iraq, Sept. 9, 2008. Haboobs are sandstorms that result from the collapse of thunderstorms and the resulting downdrafts. The dust carried by a haboob can rise several kilometers in the sky, and winds can travel upwards of 30 mph. U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Jason Epley


God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?"

~William A. Ward

10 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Congrats on the new granddaughter. And might I say the momma is gorgeous!!

I will say a prayer for the mom that is no longer. How sad and tragic.

Thanks for your wonderful comment on my blog today. You always make me smile.

Hallie

Unknown said...

hallie...have a great weekend!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Lovely blog you have here-- I had to see who you were after seeing your avatar over at David's place. We're Air Force too.

That breaks my heart about Debra...

Congrats on the new granddaughter to come!

Unknown said...

hostage... thank you for taking the time to visit! I enjoyed my visit to your blog and will return soon!

Alice said...

Cograts on the new little one! I know they bring so much joy! Loved the quote you closed with - you are right - we must always remember to be grateful for what we have.

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

alice.. thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!
Make it a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

I will take a few of those 84000 seconds here. Congratulations on your upcoming granddaughter! The joy of children is unmatched by anything man ever invented.
Thanks to your son for his service. May God keep him safe throughout all his duties anywhere he may be.
Thank you for stopping by my lowly blog, I'll try to up the frequency of my posts, sadly life can get in the way sometimes.
Take care and God bless.
FMD

Unknown said...

fmd...thanks for leaving a comment! Your blog is anything but lowly, I always find it to be a good read!!
Make it a good weekend!

Buck said...

Congrats on the new grand-girl! I have six grandaughters and one (lonely) grandson... so I MOST definitely relate in your joy, AirmanMom.

And about that haboob... My Son Number One is at Balad as we speak and sent me a pic of the parking lot outside his office window on that particular day. That sort of thing is hard to appreciate without actually experiencing it, methinks.

Unknown said...

buck...thanks for the hope of one day meeting a grandson :)
May God bless your son. Ahh.. the smells, sights and feelings our military must endure. May Almight God keep them strong and bring them home safely.