Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bursting With Pride!


It was my deep honor to attend the Commencement Exercises at Weber State University this past weekend. Among these amazing men and women, stood my oldest son! He has earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology. It has been an enormous amount of work and sacrifice on B's behalf. Not only has he been attending classes, he works full time on F-15's at Hill AFB and serves our country in the Unites States Air Force Reserves. B's grades have provided scholarships, so he has not needed to tap into his GI Bill. He is among an elite group graduating Phi Kappa Phi. B is in the process of applying to Graduate School. I know, I know... I am a totally mushy, bragging Mom! Please indulge me for this important post. For those who know me, you know that my Mom-Tears were in full force. The picture above is B goofing off, following graduation with his girlfriend.
We had a fun weekend in Salt Lake City, it was much colder than the 70 degrees here in the DC area last Wednesday. We saw extremely cold weather and SNOW! Saturday night we enjoyed the Christmas Lights at Temple Square. Breath-taking beauty! Sunday was our extremely long trip home-an hour delay in Salt Lake City and another hour delay in Denver. It was good to get home, luggage and all!

So, here it is only nine days until Christmas and I have truly got to get myself in gear! Yesterday, Hubster and I bought and set up our Christmas tree and took our Mutt to the vet for an ear infection. Today will be spent wrapping gifts for shipping to B and John, along with baking cookies. Tomorrow is my last minute Christmas shopping and writing Christmas cards. Thursday and Friday will be spent with my two precious grandgirls, so that my daughter and son-in-law can enjoy a romantic New York City getaway to celebrate their 5 year wedding anniversary! Congratulations J & K! Finally, this weekend the house and Christmas tree will get decorated.
This is the first year I have not been totally prepared for Christmas early, since my children were little. I believe I forgot to mention we spent four days in Philly the first weekend of December. It was business for my Hubster, but we were able to visit with both of his brothers, which made it so nice! At this point, it's just doing what it takes to make everything nice and not stress over the small stuff. Staying focused on the Reason for this Season, keeps my heart warm!
B, my son...I do love you so!

24 comments:

Brandy said...

CONGRATS to your son!! You have every right to be the proudest momma in the world! Have a wonderful time with your grandkids this weekend. Merry Christmas!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Congrats to all!! You should ALL be bursting with pride!

Hallie

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You have a great reason to be proud.

Lela said...

Many congratulations to your son! It's not easy to get your college degree, but earining it while keeping those F-15s flying is a real achievement! You should be busting with pride!

Unknown said...

brandy...thanks and thank you for stopping by!

Unknown said...

hallie...truly it is a huge event for the entire family!

Unknown said...

megryansmom...your kind words are appreciated.

Unknown said...

lela...it has been quite a road for him and so many others walking in similar shoes...Hooray for each graduate!

Lost Soul said...

Congrats!! My oldest just finished his first semester.

Unknown said...

vinnie...congrats right back at you! It won't be long before you are posting graduation photos, it all goes so fast!

Chris said...

Well, you got to see Temple Square in all of it's glory. It's always pretty. but especially after the snow. We're all so grateful for what your son is doing, and also to have him here at Hill AFB!!

Unknown said...

chris...Temple Square was magnificent. I've been there in spring, but you are correct... it is all the more amazing in the snow.
Your area is so beautiful, I was in awe each time I saw the Rockies!
Thank you for stopping by!

Steelers Wine Girl said...

Congrats to your son! Graduating from college is a huge accomplishment and you both should be very proud.

Don't feel bad about feeling behind for Christmas - it came really fast this year! I think it's b/c Turkey Day was so late and time just flies!

Tami said...

Congrats to B. You have a right to be mushy mom. LOL
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

aam

Jormengrund said...

Congrats!

You have every right to be bursting with pride over this accomplishment!

Don't even think twice, but make sure to brag to each and every person you know that he's making something of his life!

Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

swgg...thank you for your kind words and support! No doubt, I will have the important stuff done!

Unknown said...

tami...My wishes to you and your famly for a Blessed Christmas.

Unknown said...

grund...thank you for the good advice! I wish you and your family the Happiest of Holiday Seasons!

travel girl said...

A big Cograts to B for all his hard work.
And Airman, you have every right to brag. My oldest daughter graduated with her Master's in teaching last June and I was a bragging Mom too!

You have a wonderful family, I can read your joy through the words!!!

Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your son. And work well done and deserved, it sounds!
It sounds as if you have some amazing kids (well, maybe not kids anymore), as they all sound like truly selfless, generous and successful people!
Thanks to each of your sons for their service to our country.

Blessings to you and all of your family this Christmas :)

Take care.

Call Me Grandma said...

Congratulations to 'B' for the accomplishment of a lifetime.

Unknown said...

tg...thank you for your kind words and congrats to your daughter for her huge accomplishment! My children and grandchildren fill my heart with joy and I am so thankful for each of them!

Unknown said...

HL...truly my children and grandchildren are sweet gifts and I am most thankful to have them in my life!

Unknown said...

grandma...thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.