Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Let's Make a Mad Dash For The Post Office!



A soldier in Iraq can't see your ribbon,
Or the flag at your front door.
But a letter they hold in their hands,
To them means so much more.
Supporter Liam Sweeny


There are only a few more days left to get packages in the mail to our soldiers by Christmas. I have addresses for Zachary, MudPuppy along with two Airman, Travis and Bryan. Please visit AdoptAPlatoon or AdoptASoldierfor the addresses of many other soldiers who would welcome a package from home!
Don’t forget to include a note, sharing your gratitude and support.

Some last minute ideas:

Magazines -Hunting, Fishing, Outdoors, Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles (guy stuff)
AT&T phone cards
Baby wipes and body wipes
Batteries (AA)
Dental floss
Mouthwash
Waterless hand sanitizer
Eye drops
Saline nasal spray
Deodorant
Black sunglasses
Chapstick
Sunscreen
Foot powder
Disposable razors
Soap (non-scented because bugs like scented items)
Shampoo (non-scented because bugs like scented items)
Toothbrushes
Toothpaste
Baggies with Zip Lock
Tube Socks
"Gold Bond" type anti-fungle powders
Fleece gloves, scarves and blankets
Lotion (non-scented because bugs like scented items)
Vaseline
Breakfast-type foods and drinks
Small, single pot packages of coffee
Hot chocolate packages
Canned tuna and chicken
Canned Chef Boyardee ravioli, beefaroni, spaghetti & meatballs, etc (in "zip-top" or easy to open cans)
Canned fruit (with flip top lids)
Beef Jerky
Canned Nuts
Cereal bars, granola bars, etc.
Pre-sweetened powdered drinks, Kool-Aid, Gatorade, etc.
Beanie Baby toys to give the kids.
Candy Canes

18 comments:

Call Me Grandma said...

I made the dash.

Unknown said...

grandma..No doubt you have brightened the day of a soldier!

kimmy said...

Thanks for reminding us. It is so important to remember our soldiers this time of year!

Kimmy

Sarge Charlie said...

I have used anysodlier.com for the last three years, you would be amazed at e-mail I get from these heros.

Mary Ellen said...

I was sitting around wishing there was something unemployed me (with my extremely limited resources this year) could do to help someone this holiday season, and here was this fabulous post.

Thanks for the list of suggestions! Now I have a plan.

Julie D said...

Will dash this week....

Michelle said...

Great reminder. Be sure and send me Johns address. I have posted Shays on my blog page. MRenLew@aol.com

Grandpa-Old Soldier said...

My daughter who is in in the 11th grade and several of her friends have been sending letters etc to our troops for a while now. They have plans for sending packags as well. I'll show her your post and it will help her get some ideas. thanks for what you are doing.

Tami said...

I have already sent two packages to my adoptee from SoldiersAngels.
Thanks for the ideas for more items.

aam

Unknown said...

ME... I am sorry to hear of your situation, but so glad my list helped! Your gift will mean so very much to a soldier who is away from home!

Unknown said...

julie...so very kind of you!!!!

Unknown said...

michelle...I will pop by your blog to get shay's address. John's address will be on its way to you...although, I like your idea of posting it on my blog! Thank you!

Unknown said...

grandpa...please thank your daughter for her support of our troops! It is so very important to teach our children to take care of others, especially those who take care of us!

Unknown said...

aam... awesome!

Unknown said...

kimmy...thank you for stopping by!

Unknown said...

sarge...They are so grateful for what we do for them...I am amazed as well!

Chris said...

What you are doing here is so important. It's interesting to read the things that they need and to consider what we "need."
I will do what I can on this end.
Thanks

Unknown said...

chris...I believe each box brightens the day of a soldier. It's the least we can do, for what they do for us.