Sunday, December 28, 2008

Franking For All!

On January 18, 2009 USPS postage rates for shipping services will see yet another increase!
Many groups and individuals all around the USA are working collaboratively to put together boxes and other mailings for our troops, many of whom are in harm's way. We all know how important it is to send these boxes year-round!
A Tampa Bay radio stations, 970 WFLA, and the hosts of the morning show, Jack Harris, Tedd Webb, and Sharon Taylor, are sponsoring a drive to urge Congress to have those groups and family members sending to their loved ones in the military, be able to send these items free, using the same "franking" privilege as the congress enjoys. Two congress people, Cathy Castor and Gus Bilirakis are introducing this bill in Washington, and are fully supportive of this endeavor. We need this to be supported in both the House and the Senate.
There is a way that you can help that won't cost you anything, except putting in your zip code. Below is a website where you can fill out a petition and also have an email sent to your local congress people in Washington to urge them to vote for this when it is introduced to the House and Senate. We all want to do all that we can for the troops, no matter what our opinions about the wars. Thank you for taking just a minute or two to complete this request. Please feel free to pass this on to others.
Our troops, their families, and all working to support them will really appreciate it.
RallyCongress

10 comments:

Donna said...

I added my name! Thanks for letting me know about it!

Unknown said...

donna...Great! one name at a time!

Michelle said...

I added mine and my husbands name to this. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I sent Shay a box of goodies to share with the lab via UPS and it took 12 days to get to Fairchild. Of course, she had already left for Seattle. I told her that they will have lots of stuff to munch on this week.

Unknown said...

michelle... I am certain Shay and her lab partners will appreciate those treats! When John was home for Thanksgiving, I filled a cooler with 'mom food'.
Happy New Year!

Kathleen said...

Hi,
I signed too. I got a recent email saying that petitions signed online are not valid...have you heard that? Well, I went ahead anyhow, I think it is just common sense that they give this right to military families!

Unknown said...

kathleen...I do hope our voice is heard regarding this issue! If I learn this petition is not valid, I will pass it along and encourage those interested to write to their congress reps.
Thank you so much for stopping by!

Unknown said...

I had no idea postage was going up again! I signed the petition and sent e-mails!

Julie D said...

Done.

Unknown said...

lisa...this was the first I heard also! It is a good thing for us to do what we can to help this cause!

Unknown said...

julie...thank you and thanks so much for stopping by!