Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Letter



This Christmas as I lay asleep
I see your face and my heart beats
In tender rhythms that express
The love that makes me happiest
Although you now are far away
Within my heart you always stay
No matter where I go this day
You're in my heart a gentle way

You are carried with great pride
With all the joy of love arrived
That finds us in a state of grace
Our spirits joined in love's embrace
The love I feel is never ending
In every season love extending
On Christmas and the days between
You occupy each precious dream

Remember that you're not alone
For no where in this world you roam
Without the love that's held steadfast
With every memory that will last
In prayerful thought and love that binds
Together we shall conquer time
Hours pass but love we share
I close my eyes and you are there.


Francine Pucillo~2004

12 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Beautiful!

Hallie

Unknown said...

hallie...thank you for stopping by!

Grandpa-Old Soldier said...

I think it is hard for others to understand unless they have a loved one in harms way

Unknown said...

grandpa...your words are so very true. Thank you!

Mary Ellen said...

That left me with a big lump in my throat. Just beautiful.

I wanted to tell you that I mailed a big box, packed with just about everything on your list, to our adopted soldier today. It was a real labor of love, and it felt terrific. Thanks for making me aware of what little old me could do!

Unknown said...

ME...truly it is a labor of love. You are an angel to a soldier! And this soldier is our angel!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Beautiful. Just perfect.

Unknown said...

IBHH...thank you for your kind words!

Kathleen said...

just what I needed to read tonight. I just wrote a blog with my heart aching for my son and the long miles between him and his children. Thanks. Just what I needed.
Kathleen

Unknown said...

kathleen...some days it just hurts. My prayers are for your anxious heart, your son to remain safe and his children to know joy.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Your London Bridges song is awesome!! How clever!! An you weren't even on Ambien when you wrote it!!

Hallie :)

Unknown said...

hallie... I do hope you get some rest! Thanks for stopping by!