Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dear Santa....

Christmas is now only days away. All of the last minute preparations are now in high gear. Mad dashes to fill the stockings, final gifts to wrap, sifting through recipes which are family traditions...so very much to do.

For many of us, despite the hustle and bustle...there is a piece of our heart which simply hurts.

That empty piece holds the void of a son or daughter, a husband or wife, a mommy or daddy...who won't be home for Christmas. Some of these pieces of our hearts are stateside, some are overseas and some are spending Christmas in Heaven.

I am blessed to know both of my sons are stateside. They won't spend Christmas Day at home, but it will not be a problem to hear their voices and be able to wish them a Merry Christmas.

Please pray for the families who are not as fortunate. Families who will wait for the phone to ring, so they may hear their soldiers voice. Especially Pray for the families, who only have Christmas memories of their loved ones.

May Almighty God Bless each and every Airman, Soldier, Sailor and Marine...and their families who love them so.


Thanks to OldSoldier for posting this amazing video on his blog. It is a MUST-SHARE! (please pause playlist on right side-bar)

*Tissue Warning*

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I heard this last year for the first time and it still moves me each time I see it. Thanks

Unknown said...

michelle...thank you for stopping by!

Tami said...

AM,
All I can say it beautiful both the letter to Santa and the video. Thank you so much for sharing.

Hugs,
aam

Unknown said...

aam...the video truly tells it all!

Steelers Wine Girl said...

My ailing computer wouldn't let me watch the video, but I loved the letter. My thoughts are definitely with our troops and their families this holiday season.

Unknown said...

swg... sorry to hear of your puter woes! Hopefully, you get a chance to see this amazing video one of these days! Thank you for stopping by!