Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Mother's Prayer


Dear God,
Tonight I ask as a mother to bless my child as I do every night,
but now I am reminding you this is a special child.
This child helps to provide a blanket of protection that we as Americans slumber under each night.
He has decided to give his life to protect this great country of ours, and before now there was always prayer for you to watch over this child but after the terror that has struck our U.S. soil,
I feel even stronger, more pleading as I pray to you.
This child loves God and country and has sworn to protect her inhabitants.
But, this is still my child who I have sworn to protect with MY life until the day I die.
Now I need your help more than ever.
He is no longer in my reach, but can only be reached by your hand to protect him.
He may be on the oceans, above the earth or in lands foreign and hostile to him, please God, keep him safe and bring him home to me…alive and soon.
Let this horrendous terror go away. Let us find peace and keep these special children alive and safe to teach future generations how important life is and how important it is to protect it.
They are a rare breed, and we are the mothers who have helped to raise them.
Now we are the mothers who ask for your help to protect them.
Please bless all the mother’s children of the world, but please remember I am a military mother and am asking you to take special care of this special child.
I ask this in your name God,
Amen.

17 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

This is beautiful. :)

I get 30%? YEEHAAA!!! Let me know when profits get good so I can quit my job!!

Hallie

Unknown said...

hallie...thanks for stopping by!

Mary Ellen said...

AMEN!

Unknown said...

ME...it's always nice to have you stop by!

Michelle said...

Very nice. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

michelle..you have been on both sides of this prayer! Thank you for your service!

Julie D said...

Oh, my gosh. I started bawling here..."But, this is still my child who I have sworn to protect with MY life until the day I die." Every mother feels this way, and even though my son is home safely with me, I pray for all the other moms out there who have to worry every single day for their child's safety.

God bless you all.

Tami said...

This puts into words that I know each of us are praying constantly.

God Bless you

aam

Unknown said...

julie...truly, we are all moms!

Unknown said...

alice...thank you for stopping by!

Unknown said...

tami...prayers to you during this Christmas season.

imbeingheldhostage said...

Beautiful. Wishing you a Merry (and peaceful) Christmas!

Unknown said...

ibhh...warm Christmas greetings to you and your family!

Call Me Grandma said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

grandma...Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this! Just got the news of my sons deployment and this was beautiful! thank you so much! God bless all!

Unknown said...

Wonderful!!! I have shared your prayer with some unique touches relating to my Air force guys. Thank you.