Monday, December 22, 2008

To-Do List...

And I'm off.........

First stop...the mall (ugh!) A couple last minute gifts to pick up!


Then it's time to choose the perfect stocking stuffers! Do ya think an almost 3 year old will enjoy finding sunglasses, coloring books and chapstix in her stocking?

Final stop is the grocery store for our Christmas Dinner. Turkey to fry, Spiral Ham, Mashed Potatoes with gravy, Stuffing, Cranberries, Peas.....the works! Yummy!

With only three days until Christmas, there is much running around to do.....

Let me ask you this....when you are in the grocery store shopping for your holiday favorites, or dashing through the mall picking up those last minute gifts, or in the airport picking up a loved ones to spend the holiday, or moving about in any of numerous places... when you see a member of our Armed Forces, will you notice them? Will you let them know you appreciate their service? Will you look at them with gratitude as they proudly wear our flag on their shoulder? Will you say "Thank You"?
(please pause playlist on right sidebar)



13 comments:

Alice said...

Yes I will pause and thank them. And thank God for the mothers and fathers who raised them, too.

Merry Christmas!!

Tami said...

AM,
Be safe out there. And to answer your question, YES I will. My husband actually found a place online that Thank you cards for Military Member and Military Member families that are business card size and I have been having a blast passing them out when ever I see a Service Member.
Have a great Christmas.

aam

Tami said...

AM,
Thought I would pass on the site for the Thank you cards.

http://www.dearamericanhero.com/

aam

Unknown said...

alice..your kind words are deeply appreciated.

Unknown said...

aam...thank you for passing along the awesome site!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

kim-d said...

When I took myself out to breakfast this morning before doing the same types of errands you were doing, I purposely looked for servicepeople. I like to do the anonymous paying-for-the-meal-tip-included. There weren't any there, but I ALWAYS look...

Unknown said...

kim...such a generous gesture! I have no doubt you are an angel to many a soldier!

Tonjia said...

I always do!!!

Unknown said...

tonjia..most likely you brighten the days of many soldiers!

Lost Soul said...

Never had a fried turkey, how is it the tatse differnt?

Unknown said...

vinnie...it is so delicious! We started frying them years ago, and I believe I have only roasted one turkey since. Fried Turkey is not greasy at all, surprisingly! It is extremely moist! Yummy stuff!

K-Dubyah said...

Airman Mom,
I wish I lived closer to Wright Patt.
Alas I don't, so I just have to post comments on all the milblogs I visit. So when you next talk to your sons, please convey my Thanks.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

ky...your sweet words are appreciated. Warm Christmas wishes to you and your family!